What is Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Artificial Intelligence is the technology that understand intelligent entities. Artificial Intelligence is designing machines that have the ability to think. It is the study of how to make computers do things at which, at the moment, people are better. Now a days Artificial Intelligence is playing an increasing role in the research of management science and operational research areas. Intelligence is commonly considered as the ability to collect knowledge and reason about knowledge to solve complex problems. In the near Future intelligent machines will replace human capabilities in many areas. Artificial intelligence is the study and developments of intelligent machines and software that can reason, learn, gather knowledge, communicate, manipulate and perceive the objects. Some of the application areas of artificial intelligence is discussed below.
Benefits of Artificial intelligence (AI)
Artificial Intelligence is very complex in nature. It is a complex mixture of different complex algorithm, mathematics, science etc. Complex programming helps to implement this onto a computer which have ability to think and make a decision. Some of the benefits of AI is discussed below.
- Error Reduction: Artificial intelligence helps us in reducing the error and the chance of reaching accuracy with a greater degree of precision is a possibility. It is applied in various studies such as exploration of space. Intelligent robots are fed with huge information and are sent to explore space. Since they are machines with metal bodies, they are more resistant and have greater ability to endure the space and hostile atmosphere.
- Difficult Exploration: Artificial intelligence and the science of robotics can be put to use in mining and other fuel exploration processes where risk is higher for human. Not only that, these complex machines can be used for exploring the ocean floor and hence overcoming the human limitations.
- Daily Application: Artificial Intelligence helps in many of our daily work without our concern. For example, we use GPS smart phone to finding the road to an unknown location. It can tell us the shortest road to that place, time take to go to the place by car etc.
- Digital Assistants: Many advanced organizations use ‘Avatars’ which are actually replicas or digital assistants act like a human and interact with the users, thus saving the need of human resources.
- Repetitive Job: Human feel boring when doing the same work again and again and need refreshment. But machine does not feel boring doing the same thing again and again. It can continuously work for many hours regardless of the task to be perform is same or different.
- No Breaks: Machines, unlike humans, do not require frequent breaks and refreshments. They are programmed for long hours and can continuously perform without getting bored or distracted or even tired.
Different Applications Areas of Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Natural Language Processing: The main goal of AI in this field is to understand natural language and give response to that. It enable us to communicate with the machine in our own language such as English rather than a computer language. This helps us to translating a language, understanding speech, question answering, information retrieval etc. For example, Google has developed a device call Google Home which can give answer to your question, make an appointment with your doctor for you, can call to a restaurant on behalf of you to order some food etc.
- Problem solving: The main goal of this area is to implement the procedures on AI system so that it can solve a problem like human being. Ability to formulate a problem in a suitable representation, to plan for its solution and to know when new information is needed and how to obtain it.
- Robotics: A robot is electro-mechanical device that is designed and programmed to do some manual task. This is probably the most advanced field where AI is implemented. All robots are not a part of the AI system. But many robots are developed and implemented multiple AI areas on it like natural language processing, problem solving, computer vision etc. that can perform multiple tasks efficiently.
- Expert System: Expert means a person who have the complete knowledge on a particular field. The main goal of this area to implement the knowledge and ideas of an expert on to a computer so that the computer can do the task for other in time.
- Computer Vision: The main idea of this field is to attach an Image Sensor or Camera so that the computer can receive visual image. The goal of computer vision research is to give computers this powerful facility for understanding their surroundings visually.
- Image Processing: People generally use vision as their primarily means of sensing the environment. In the same way, Artificial Intelligence is also use in Image Processing to find out relationship between various entity within an image captured by it and understanding the entity on it and perform some task as for it is programmed.
- Healthcare: The adoption of artificial Intelligence in healthcare is on the rise and solving a variety of problems for patients, hospitals and the healthcare industry overall. Some of the applications of AI in healthcare field are Virtual Nurses, Medication Management, Precision Medicine, Health Monitoring, Healthcare System Analysis etc.
- Gaming: In this area, a formal sets of rules are implemented into computer as structured data so that the computer can respond to the gamers. Various technique like Brute Force Computation which analyse hundreds of possible ways to respond and select the best from them.
- Neural Architecture: Human are more intelligent than a computers. So, AI Researchers are trying to make a computer as intelligent as human by implementing Artificial Intelligence on it. Human are better in interpreting noisy input for example, recognize a face in dark condition etc. And even if we can’t recognize the face, we can atleast guess the face as a solution. Neural Architecture is the field where AI is implement to computers so that it can performed it’s task even with a noisy input but give an accurate output.
- Heuristic Classification: The term Heuristic means to find & discover, find the problem and discover the solution. For solving complex AI problems it’s requires lots of knowledge and some represented mechanisms in form of Heuristic Search Techniques., i.e. referred to known as Heuristic Classification.